Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Pancake



A healthy breakfast provides our body and brain with energy and nutrients after an overnight fast. It improves memory and concentration level and it can also makes us happier as it can improve mood and lower our stress level.

For most of us, morning is the time when we are busy. This situation makes it an easy excuse to place breakfast as our least priority. There was a time that I gave my child cereal every morning. I bought a cereal for emergency purposes but it became a reason for me not to prepare nutritious breakfast. Although I am aware of its low (or no) nutritional value,  I still serve it. My wish to have a relax morning outweighs the importance of serving healthy food.  When I realize that the cereal is not serving its true purpose anymore, I remove it from my supermarket list. I now serve our family french toast or egg but most of the time, I serve bread with homemade peanut butter.

Whenever I have more time (especially during school break), one of the recipe I cook is Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Pancake. One or two pancakes will last you the whole morning. Pancakes are versatile, you may add chocolate chips, nuts, dried and fresh fruits. Since this pancake is made with rolled oats and the batter is thicker than regular pancakes, it will need to cook longer before flipping over.

2 whole eggs
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup raisins
500 ml plain yogurt
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon
butter or oil for cooking

Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and oil. Add the oatmeal, raisins, and plain yogurt. Mix and set aside.




In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt , nutmeg and cinnamon.


Mix wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until they are just incorporated, do not over mix.



Put in a little butter on a  frying pan over low heat. Ladle batter onto the pan. The pancakes are ready to flip when the top looks less wet and shiny. Cook the other side for a couple of minutes.


Serve warm. You may top it with maple syrup and butter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Lumpia : Wonderfully Delicious

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Bar

Salted Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies