Last Minute To Go Meals

Vegetable Quiche Cups To Go
It was suppose to be Moms In Touch first meeting and breakfast fellowship for the school year last week. It was going to be a very light moment wherein the old members get to know the other moms, encourage each other and pray for one another. It was suppose to be the day wherein moms meet again after a very long summer vacation. Sadly, that morning, it was announce that there will be no classes, hence, MIT (Moms in Touch) did not push through.

Nevertheless, the day before, I prepared the food that I think moms will like. I had a hard time
choosing what breakfast to serve. If you know me, I want it to be the best that all moms will love. But I have to remind myself that I cannot please everyone so I have to give myself cut off time to make the decision already.

I know that most moms in our school are health conscious and would be glad to eat something that is nourishing first thing in the morning.. And I, on the other hand, wants to let them feel the warm welcome with a specially prepared handmade food. I started to search for a recipe in the book entitled "The South Beach Diet". I bought this book during the hype of weight loss back in 2004. I did not gain much weight after the delivery of my child. What caught my attention was that it promotes healthy weight loss loosing those stubborn belly fat first.

It is in this book that I found "Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go". It was easy to make and it  has few ingredients. Just mix them all up, pop it in the oven for 20 mins,  then they are ready. As I was already pressed for time and I have no foil tin cups at home,  I took the chance and made a terrible mistake of putting  the mixture directly in the the muffin pan, I wipe each muffin pan with oil before placing the mixture but the edges got stuck so I have to scrape them off when cooled down and wash them up before making the second batch. Second try, I place paper muffin cups in the muffin pan, spray it with oil then put the mixture. The edges still got stuck on the paper. Deep inside I was thankful that MIT did not push through or else moms will have a hard time peeling off the paper cups from the quiche.

The good thing about Quiche Cups is that it can be frozen and reheated in the oven. And you can use any combinations of vegetables and cheeses. As I made a lot of these, me and my husband ate these for breakfast, supply will last for 5 days!!.

Now, what will I serve next meeting? : )

For the recipe below , I did not use frozen Spinach, instead I use the fresh ones. For the eggs substitute, I used 3 fresh eggs.


Vegetable Quiche Cups on the Go

2 packs (10 oz.) frozen chopped Spinach / fresh Spinach
1 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute / 3 whole fresh eggs
1 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
1/2 cup diced onions
3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Saute the Spinach in a pan without oil until wilted. Set aside. When cool, drain the excess liquid by squeezing it.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven at 180 C/ 350 F.

Whisk the egg, add in cheese, green bell peppers, onions and Spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chinese Lumpia : Wonderfully Delicious

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Bar

There is Blessing in Suffering